The Zika Prevention Kit includes all the items suggested by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines and is packed in a handy zippered, travel ready tote bag. You will be prepared in the event of a CDC Travel Warning or CDC Travel Alert. Our Zika Prevention Kit contains insect repellent with DEET for your skin and one with permethrin for clothing and gear.
There is no vaccine or treatment for Zika. You must prevent daytime mosquito bites, especially if you are pregnant or may become pregnant, since the main danger is damage to your fetus. Many Zika infections go undiagnosed since these symptoms may be mild (unlike dengue fever).
Local mosquito-borne Zika virus transmission has been reported in the continental United States. The Florida Department of Health has identified an area in one neighborhood of Miami where Zika is being spread by mosquitoes. This kit will also provide protection from other mosquito borne viruses, such as West Nile Virus.
What you can do to protect yourself and others from Zika:
- PREVENT MOSQUITO BITES The best way to prevent Zika is to protect yourself from mosquito bites.
- PLAN FOR TRAVEL Learn what to do before, during, and after your trip to protect yourself and others. Check for CDC Travel Alerts and Warnings, especially if you or your partner is pregnant.
- PROTECT YOURSELF DURING SEX Learn how to prevent sexual transmission of Zika, especially if you or your partner is pregnant.
Content source: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Zika Prevention Kit Contents
- Insect repellent: for skin, contains DEET, EPA registered
- Permethrin spray: for clothing and gear
- Mosquito net for bed: use when room is not well screened
- Condoms, (10 is standard kit): can help prevent the sexual transmission of Zika virus
- Standing water treatment tabs: kill mosquito larvae
Kit Weight: 2.3 lb
Tote bag dimensions: 12″ W x 14″ H x 3.5″ D